This the range of Social Skills Trainings we offer. Of course we adapt our trainings to your needs and also povide tailor-made trainings in accordance with your wishes:
Sweep your audience away – no matter whether you want to convince or inform. Set yourself apart from presenters who do nothing more than read out loud PowerPoint charts. Prevent many a mishap and handle unpredictable situations competently.
- Presentation structure – contents, time frame, target group
- Choice of presentation media – pros and cons of PowerPoint, flip charts, white board etc.
- Composition of your presentation – visual, auditive and text elements
- Body language – facial expressions, gestures, outfit
- Voice – modulation, rate of speaking
- Rhetoric – building sentences, wording
- Intercultural audience – language level, taboos, potential misunderstandings
- Mishaps – prevention and handling
In this seminar/workshop the contents are prepared partly alone, partly in small groups in order to offer an optimum number of opportunities for holding presentations and thus applying the acquired skills.
According to the US-american psychologist Albert Mehrabian a mere 7% of what we communicate is actual content. The remaining 93% are body language and voice. Learn how to interpret your counterpart’s body language and be more aware of the signal you yourself are sending. Create a positive conversation atmosphere for business situations such as presentations, meetings, job interviews, in dealing with colleagues/superiors/business partners or in your private life with family/friends/acquaintances.
- Significance of body language in everyday life – instinctive attribution, unconscious reactions
- Body language as mirror of your personal attitude – recognising sentiments
- Analysis of your own body language patterns – gestures and their effect on others
- Signals: single and in combination – congruence of signals, lies
- Intercultural body language – different meanings of one gesture, physical closeness, touching
- Connecting – techniques for creating a constructive atmosphere, intervening
Get your audience to ignore their mobile phones and focus on your words. Learn about methods that help you to attract attention and keep it and find your personal style of speaking freely without being nervous.
- Reflect on your effect – what do I think of my effect on others and does the audience agree
- Master stage fright – self confidence in spite of nervousness
- Lively speeches – keep attention with stylistic devices
- Eliminate filler words – get rid of “um”, “er”, “uh”, “so”
- Using short stories – use linguistic tools effectively
Burnout and Stress Prevention
Save yourself and your employees from burnout – not only will each and every one of you profit from better quality of life but the company will save money by preventing absences of several months.
- Burnout – where does it come from, how does it progress, how to avoid it
- Attitudes towards stress – how is it dealt with
- Work-Life balance – where does the job end and the private life start
- Conflicts – what steals our energy and puts us under stress, e.g. bullying
- Resilience – how to protect myself from stress
- Patterns of thought – changing perspectives
Time and Self Management
Find your work-life-balance by prioritising and finding strategies for living your priorities. Avoid burnout caused by excessive demands and dissatisfaction.
- Critical factors – targets and organisation
- Analysing targets – examining all important areas of life
- Organisation: realisation – the way to reaching your targets
- Stress factors – analysing and finding strategies for dealing with them
- Strategies for more energy – yoga, meditation, sports, sleep, food, hobbies
The seminar Time and Self Management aims to help asking yourself the right questions – and of course finding answers. The result is a target oriented handling of your own resources that leads to better results in terms of motivation, satisfaction and balance and a reduction of stress.
Define your personal and professional targets and get started without letting obstacles stop you. Coaching aims to awaken what’s alreay inside you and help you tap your full potential.
Choose the form most suited to your needs:
- Individual coaching – guidance and support for decisions and processes for changing behaviour
- Team coaching – avoid potential conflicts, manage existing ones
- Support after trainings – internalise learned structures, support for blockages when applying them
Break with hostile patterns of communication – both with your own and those of people around you. Learn how to recognise the needs behind statements and preclude conflicts from arising.
- Communication patterns – what we learned as children and need to deal with today
- 4 simple steps – separate observation, feelings, needs and request
- Practical application – that’s how it works in reality
Learn how to successfully navigate through a jungle of foreign traditions, values, customs and habits – be it as expatriate, immigrant, international business person, member of an international organisation/team or tourist.
- Definition of culture – what is a culture and what distinguishes it from others
- Understanding and assigning cultures – cultural dimensions and their meaning in everyday life
- DIE (describe, interpret, evaluate) – seeing irritating situations differently, deal with prejudice
- Stereotypes – the grain of truth and your point of view
- Adapting to a new cultural environment – learning new rules, observing and analysing
- Increasing efficiency – analysing behaviour and reacting appropriately, improving work climate
- Critical incidents – avoiding misunderstandings and/or react in a constructive way
- Body language – physical closeness, gestures, gender roles
- Small things, great impacts – phrasing e-mails, telephone calls
This training is very much adapted to the participants and their needs – both contentwise and regarding group size. The focus is optional and can be either on single cultures (e.g. for expats) or on a general understanding of cultural matters (international companies, international teams). The contents are delivered as a combination of minimal theoretic input and a large part of specific application in the form of brain stormings, analysis, role plays and reflection.
Optimize your team’s capacity to work, reduce fluctuation and conflicts. Teambuilding can help your team to become aware of strengths and weaknesses and deal with them more consciously in order to avoid conflicts and improve the working climate. Teambuilding seminars provide the opportunity for colleagues to discover new sides of each other outside the daily business routine and build up/deepen relationships that result in new perspectives and better cooperation.
- Team roles – analysing one’s own role and the strenghts connected with it
- Handling conflicts – escalation, moderation, coaching
- Equal treatment in the team – consequences of unequal treatment, gender mainstreaming
- Dealing with mistakes – profiting from mistakes as experience, consequences, assigning guilt
- Nonviolent communication in the team – accusations and their background
- Creative solution of problems – unconventional strategies, being open for new things
Apart from joint team activities (in-door or out-door – depending on the customer’s wishes) this seminar also provides the chance to have a closer look at existing challenges in the team.